Oak Brook, Ill. – The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (“Inland”), one of the nation’s largest commercial real estate and finance groups, announced today that its Inland-sponsored real estate investment products collectively paid total distributions to investors of approximately $1.27 billion*, raised $1.5 billion in new capital and acquired $2.8 billion in new commercial real estate assets in 2021.
The capital raised by both Funds is being used to acquire, redevelop and convert existing properties into state-of-the-art self-storage facilities located in high density, underserved markets. To execute this strategy, the Funds entered into a strategic relationship with Devon Self Storage Holdings (US) LLC (“Devon”), one of the country’s most experienced and prominent self-storage developers and operators.
“Even amid the ongoing pandemic, 2021 was a strong year for Inland,” commented Daniel L. Goodwin, chairman and chief executive officer of The Inland Real Estate Group, LLC. “We experienced growth in substantially all of our investment product lines.”
2021 Inland Milestones
• Inland paid total distributions to investors of approximately $1.27 billion*, an increase of 29 percent over 2020. Inland’s growth in distributions underscores the Company’s ongoing commitment to investors.
• Inland raised $1.5 billion in new capital across a broad range of investment products, including Delaware statutory trusts, Qualified Opportunity Zones, REITs, CRE development joint ventures and private placements, representing an aggregate 98 percent increase over 2020.
• Inland acquired over 100 commercial real estate properties located across the country in high-demand asset classes, including multifamily apartments, single-family rental, self-storage, distribution centers, triple-net leased properties, student housing, senior living, necessity-based retail, manufactured housing and recreational vehicle parks.
• Inland developed and sold new-construction multifamily properties for an aggregate of $142 million.
• Assets Under Management increased to approximately $12 billion across Inland programs.
“2021 was a year of successes for Inland,” added Keith Lampi, president and chief operating officer of Inland Private Capital Corporation. “In 2022, we look forward to building on our proven track record and continuing to provide the best-in-class real estate investment and property management to our investors, tenants and valued partners.”
* Includes distributions of sales proceeds.
About The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.
“Inland” refers to some or all of the entities that are part of The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc., which is comprised of a group of independent legal entities, some of which may be affiliates, share some common ownership or have been sponsored and managed by such entities or subsidiaries thereof. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, Inland is one of the nation’s largest commercial real estate and finance groups. For more than 50 years, Inland has been creating, developing and supporting member companies that provide real estate-related investment products and commercial real estate services for both third parties and Inland member companies.