Who We Are
Inland Investments is one of the nation’s largest sponsors of alternative public and private real estate securities, and provides opportunities for individual real estate ownership. Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation is a part of The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.
Established in 1968, Inland was formed by four Chicago Public School teachers, Dan Goodwin, Bob Baum, Joe Cosenza and Bob Parks. Their first investors were other teachers, family members and friends. This personal connection and responsibility to investors created a culture of putting stockholders first, which endures today across Inland’s business entities.
Inland is involved in every aspect of commercial real estate and is responsible for several innovations that have shaped the industry. Since inception, Inland has sponsored 696 real estate investment programs serving more than 490,000 investors across all major commercial real estate sectors, and has completed1 496 of those programs, comprised of:
Private/Public Limited Partnerships
Section 1031 Exchange Programs
Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
1Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation (Inland Investments), considers a program to be complete at the earlier of the time when affiliates of Inland Investments are no longer serving as the business manager, the program lists its shares of common stock for trading on a national exchange, sells all or substantially all of its assets, or merges with a third party and is not the surviving entity in that merger.
Data as of 12/31/2015
To be the most respected real estate investment sponsor and manager, by developing creative, well-structured and differentiated products, delivering outstanding performance to our investors, and epitomizing the highest ethical standards in every aspect of our business.
Inland's management team has substantial experience in all aspects of acquiring, owning, managing and operating commercial real estate across diverse types of real estate assets, as well as a broad range of experience in financing real estate assets.
“Inland provides deep institutional experience and real estate operating expertise. We know how to create value from real estate. It comes from years of participating in every aspect of real estate investment and management. We bring a level of experience and competency that we believe is unrivaled by our industry peers.”
Inland Investments’ strategy is to build value and to provide investors with income opportunities. We strive to deliver successful investor experiences through meticulous research, planning, execution and risk management.
- Cash & Profit
Standing Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Investors
We put our stockholders first and invest our own money alongside of theirs. We work to create value by focusing on the operations of our properties and the fundamentals of our business.
Cumulative Completed Programs By Year
We believe that success has roots in strong, healthy communities, and we take an active role in improving the towns and cities where we live and work. Inland and Daniel L. Goodwin have received numerous awards for commitment to the commercial real estate industry, investors, communities, and affordable housing.
- Benedictine University – Outstanding Trustee of the Decade Award – Daniel L. Goodwin
- Better Business Bureau – Winner of the 2009 and 2014 Ethics in Business Award
- Chicago Association of REALTORS® – Hall of Fame – Daniel L. Goodwin
- Chicago Association of REALTORS® – Hall of Fame for The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, the first corporation to receive this award
- Chicago Metropolitan Coalition on Aging – Leading Provider of Affordable Housing for Chicago’s Senior Citizens
- Council of Women’s Association of Realtors – Elevate Award
- DuPage County Affordable Housing Task Force – Highest Achievement Award for Affordable Housing Efforts
- DuPage County Airport Authority – Outstanding Leadership Award – Daniel L. Goodwin
- DuPage Area Association of Business and Industry – First Place, Excellence in Business Award
- DuPage County Government and Business Award
- DuPage County Historical Museum – Making a Historical Difference Award
- DuPage Home Ownership Center – Robert Christ Award for Outstanding Service to Affordable Housing
- Illinois Association of REALTORS® – Hall of Fame
- Investment Program Association (IPA) – Lifetime Achievement – Daniel L. Goodwin
- National Association of REALTORS® – Hall of Fame – Daniel L. Goodwin
- National Association of REALTORS® – National Commercial Award
- National Association of REALTORS® – 2015 Good Neighbor Award Winner
- NAWBO (National Association of Women Business Owners) – Visionary Partner Award
- Northeastern Illinois University – Lifetime Meritorious Service Award – Daniel L. Goodwin
- Oak Brook Area Association of Commerce and Industry – Corporate Leader of the Year
- Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce “Breaking the Glass Ceiling Award” Honoring Inland for the large number of women executives in senior management positions
- The Business Ledger Newspaper – Outstanding DuPage Business Leader Award
- Village of Oak Brook – Resolution of Appreciation
- West Suburban Philanthropic Network – 2015 Philanthropist of the Year – Daniel L. Goodwin
- Women’s Council of Realtors “Elevate Award” – In recognition of advancement opportunities for women throughout the Inland Companies